The Instagram algorithm doesn’t promote your posts and help you get new followers. Then you need these tips to beat the algorithm. Growing on Instagram is complicated, the algorithm keeps changing but you will know few basics that remain the same.
As I am writing this my friends account reached 1,000 this week and he was stuck at 310 followers for a month. I just made few changes and told few secrets used by me for my clients. Good for you, I have mentioned those secrets to help you reach 10,000 followers this year.
After wasting like 1-2 minutes doing introduction, here is the roadmap:
1. Optimize Your Account
Optimizing your account is as important as wearing mask in this pandemic. But why? To make people follow you when they visit your profile. Here are 5 steps to do that:-
- Have a clear username, like this @jessicadesigns.
- Add a keyword in the name section, like this ‘Jessica- Interior Designer’.
- Mention what you do, your achievements, in the first 2 lines of your bio.
- Add Call-to-action in the last line if you have a link in your bio.
Here is a perfect example of optimized bio:-
2. High-Quality Content
Everyone thinks they are posting quality content, including me. But it’s not about you that you think that’s high quality. It’s about your followers if they think your post is shit, accept it.
For example- When I wrote this blog my mind said, “dude, it’s complicated make it simple”. But if you found this simple, then it is.
High-quality Content makes people-
- Resonate with your ideas.
- Follow you.
- Share their opinion.
- Save the post.
So, start creating content that makes people do these things. *Bonus* quality content also makes people follow you on other platforms.
3. Comment more than you like
Social media platforms are all about connecting with people. Instagram is a photo-sharing platform, so most people share their best moments or content here.
But Why do they share them?
They want to be talked about, appreciated or may be want to hear your opinion. So, that’s what you need to do comment on their posts, give your opinions. A genuine comment or opinion will make them visit your profile and your quality-content will make them follow.
“Valuable comments attract value based audience”.
4. Have A Content Calendar
Content Calendars are the new hype, but why? Calendars help you to be consistent, organized and in tracking your account’s performance. These calendars can be created by an individual or you can appoint me to create one for you for $10.
Why You should create or buy one?
- To know what you have to post on daily basis.
- For having Consistency.
- Preventing Burnouts.
- To post on right times and schedule.
Next time, if you forget posting on Instagram due to a busy day or burnout. Remember, sticking to a calendar will prevent that and make your work easy. Why? Because you can easily schedule your posts through tools like later and sprout social, according to your calendar. Isn’t that easy?
5. Use Researched Hashtags
Stop randomly copy-pasting hashtags that you found on google. You need to know how to research and use hashtags to help you get more likes and followers. So, To find hashtags that work you need to know, these three factors.
- Hashtags Size, Choose Hashtags with less than 1 million posts if you have less than 10,000 followers.
- Your Post, Instagram Clearly told if your post don’t relate to Hashtags they will not promote it.
- Types of Hashtags, you should use different type of hashtags based on industry, location, topic and other factors to have broad reach.
So, on basis of these 3 factors research your ideal hashtags to help you grow your Instagram account. But, If you need more details about finding Hashtags, subscribe to this blog!
6. Instagram Lives With Other Creators
The power of Instagram lives is unbeatable, my friend Dave when he was on the way to reach 100k followers. He did Instagram live with two other Creators in his industry.
After that he gained 1,000+ followers in 60 mins. But why Instagram Lives are one of the best ways to grow in 2021?
Because you get live attention from your audience and when go live with other Creator. There audience focus more on finding who you are and your specialities, which makes them visit your profile.
I consider that even you have 40 followers, instagram lives will result in building deep connection with your Audience. Also, doing live with small creators will deliver great results.
7. Join Facebook Groups
Facebook is pretty much dead, but groups and marketplace are still growing as no other platform does it better. Here is how, you can use groups to grow Followers:-
- There are groups on Facebook for anything to everything. So, find and join group with people who like what you post on Instagram. For Example, Maria posts about fashion on Instagram. She will join a fashion focused group.
- Share your tips and content in those groups and always leave the link to your Instagram account.
- Don’t spam group with shit.
This will help you gain loyal + targeted followers who will always like and engage with your Posts. But you need to find an active and Targeted group not any random.
8. Instagram DMs
Many people have lots of like but the comment ratio is like very low. The reason behind this is they have followers but not Community. On Instagram, that community is build through DMs why?
Because content is the reason they follow and like but if you are in their DMs you have a human-connection with them. People like when you take out time to talk with them, no matter they are your regular followers or a big content creator.
Why you need to do this?
- You need to DM, other people or businesses in your industry to make connections with them. This will help you to gain attraction from your industry.
- When you DM your new Followers, they will feel delighted by a thank you message.
- People in your Dm’s are more likely to comment on your posts.
- Even your account gets hacked or deleted those people will immediately follow your new account.
Instagram Dm’s are a great way of building community that not just likes your Content but also comments and buy your products if you have a business or a course.
9. Instagram Reels
Copycat of Tiktok can easily help you grow your followers as it’s Organic reach is pretty similar to Tiktok. But there are some basics you need to know, for going viral on Reels.
- Use Only 10-15 Hashtags to get the most reach.
- Post what trends on Tiktok.
- Add Text to your reels, must keep it in right ratio.
- Transition can help you a lot.
- Keep the reels under 14 seconds.
If you follow these tips, chances of growing followers and going viral is pretty high. *Bonus* Post Instagram Reels and go offline for 1-2 hours, always works for me for high engagement.
10. Ads or Shoutouts
Looking for a more easy way to grow your following, then you need to get the money out. Instagram Ads and paid Shoutouts are the one you need to grow with money.
- Instagram Ads, you need to spend $100-350 to get 10,000 followers targeting the worldwide audience. On other hand, you need $500+ if you focus on getting Followers from United States or Canada.
- Paid Shoutouts, you can start with less than $5 in hand but you need to find effective pages that have loyal audience to get followers.
These both ways are capable of helping you a lot and can lead to easy growth. You just need to execute this way, correctly.
11. Cross-promote Your Account
Some platforms are highly Organic and can help you build your Following on Instagram. Like, you can use Tiktok and Clubhouse to grow your Instagram.
Be active in clubhouse rooms, share your thoughts and at the end ask those people to catch you up on Instagram. This helped me grow 2,000 Followers in one week and those Followers were highly interested in my content. Same with tiktok, when a person from Tiktok follows you on Instagram they are more likely to comment + buy your stuff.
Cross-promoting is a great way to build a loyal fan army on Instagram, let that happen!
I didn’t include some ways like Instagram stories they have different approach on your growth. But I can assure you that this is a complete roadmap to success on Instagram and you need to follow this!